Annique Pregnancy Guide
Annique guidelines - it is always wise to discuss any health matters and dietary changes with your health adviser.
Must be adequate for the needs of both the mother and the foetus during the nine months. Good quality and correct proportions of proteins, fats and carbohydrates should be included.
Protein - Vital for growth and repair of body tissue, for production of hormones, enzymes, antibodies and neurotransmitters. Best sources are: meat, eggs, dairy, quinoa, soya, fish, beans and lentils.
Fat - Saturated fats from animals need to be limited. Trans-fats must be avoided (processed vegetable oils and margarine). Unsaturated fats art the “good” fats and there are two kinds. 1. Monounsaturated fats are found in olive oil 2. Polyunsaturated fats are found in fish, nuts, seeds and their oils. They contain a balance of Omega 3 (found in fish such as mackerel, herring, salmon and sardines and pumpkin and flax seeds) and Omega 6 (found in sesame and sunflower seeds).
Carbohydrates provide energy for the body and mind. Try to avoid refined carbohydrates such as sugar, sweets, bred, refined cereals, cakes and biscuits. Unrefined carbohydrates such as whole grains, vegetables, beans and lentils and fruit are better because they contain natural fibre that prevents constipation and helps absorption of nutrients.
Avoid stimulants such as tea, coffee and alcohol. Opt for quality fluids such as water, herb teas, Rooibos and diluted fruit juices.
1. OptiVite- (multi vitamins) 2 per day
2. OptiC (vitamin C) - 2 per day, taken in the morning and the evening. Vitamin C is water soluble and needs to be taken every day.Vitamin C is important to keep your skin supple and helps to avoid stretch marks. It is also necessary for forming collagen that is vital to protect your bones, skin and joints during your pregnancy. You need to be healthy during these important months and vitamin C is key to a healthy immune system
3. OptiCalm (vitamin B complex) - 1 per day. B Vitamins are water soluble and need to be taken every day. B vitamins are vital especially in the first trimester for your baby's brain and nervous system development and growth. The additional folic acid that you take in is important for preventing cleft palate and spina bifida
4. OptiCalMag (calcium and magnesium). Take 4 per day during the first trimester and then 2 per day. A combination of Vitamin D, calcium and magnesium is very important for the development of your baby's teeth, bones, heart and nervous system
5. Zinc - 1 per day. Zinc is an important element for producing bigger and healthier babies
6. OptiMega (essential fatty acids) - 1 per day. Omega fatty acids during the last trimester are very important for brain development.
It is also very important for ensuring good quality milk production to give your baby a good start in life It is advisable to continue with a good diet and supplements once your baby is born to ensure your own good health and to keep up your energy levels. If you are breastfeeding, it will ensure that you are producing good quality milk for your baby.
- Question: Can I drink the Lifestyle shake while pregnant and breastfeeding?
Answer: Yes, you can, but use it as a nutritional supplement and not for weight loss during this period. You can mix the shake with preferably full cream milk, Rooibos tea or water. Blend it with yogurt and fruit for a mega-healthy smoothie. For dessert, you can mix it with cream or plain yogurt and use as a sauce over ice cream.
- Question: Can I use the Annique cellulite and slimming creams while I am pregnant or breastfeeding?
Answer: No, it is best not to use these products due to the strength and potency of their ingredients. The ingredients could have an undesirable effect on the development and growth of your baby or it could make your baby feel restless and uncomfortable. It is best to err on the safe side.
- Question: Which Rooibos teas can I drink while pregnant or breastfeeding?
Answer: Regular Rooibos tea and Green Rooibos tea can be drunk regularly. When pregnant or breast feeding, we advise that you drink Rooibos without milk. Do not drink Bladder and Kidney tea and Night Rest tea. As to regards to Stomach, Relax, Detox and Happy tea, we advise that you discuss it with your health adviser first, especially if you have not used any of the teas before.
- Question: Is it save to use the DermaLift Galvanic device when I am pregnant?
Answer: It is best not to use the Wrinkle Eraser pen during pregnancy and breast feeding.